Lyon is among the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its buildings and galleries have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for prayers and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for it amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that's made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances and dance shows. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to see and explore restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km aside. It is situated in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the 30 days of September and October.